[Yaesu] FT-890 won't tune.

Bob KE1AU ke1au at cox.net
Sun Jan 6 14:22:02 EST 2008

I had a similar problem with my FT-840.  I thought I would have to replace
the rotary encoder, so I figured it was worth a try to fix it.  I removed
and disassembled the encoder, then took the front panel of the encoder,
which held the bearing and shaft, and gave it a hefty twist with pliers.
That freed the shaft.  Then I added a drop of oil and reassembled it.  To my
surprise, the encoder still worked.  This was a few years ago, so I forget
the details for removing the encoder.

73, Bob KE1AU