[Yaesu] A couple of FT767 questions

John Geiger n5ten at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 23:20:33 EDT 2008

I am looking at (Maybe) trading for a Yaesu FT767
transceiver, and have a couple of questions about it.
I was able to play with it a little today, and know it
just returned from being checked over and lightly
serviced, so it is in tip top shape.  Here are my
questions:

1. According to the built in digital wattmeter on it
(cool feature) it is putting out right about 145
watts. Is this normal for this rig, or was it turned
up inside somehow for greater power?

2. The receiver sounds really nice and quiet for the
most part, and handled some loud signals on 20 pretty
well.  Overall, does it have a good receiver on it?

3. I know that it has a 600hz CW filter as standard,
and this one has a narrow filter in it, but I also see
that Inrad has some optional narrow filters listed for
it.  Is it easy to add additional filters-was it
intended to add filters to it-or do you have to remove
the stock filters and place the Inrads in their place?

Any other information about it rig would be helpful
also.

73s John AA5JG