[Yaesu] FT736 transmit problem

randy vann67 at charter.net
Fri Mar 21 08:15:29 EDT 2008

I have a Yaesu FT736 with a transmit problem. When i key the microphone the meter needle goes to the left instead of forward to show the output power.I hooked the radio up to an swr meter running into a dummy load and the meter shows no forward power and i can't get an swr reading. I know there must be some power going out because i can hit a local repeater. It must be very little because i get no indication on my external swr/power meter. I get the same results on the 2 meter and 440 bands. I need some help and suggestions in where to start looking for the problem and how to find it. I can really use some help. Thanks