[Yaesu] IF Shift Problem

Mike Gusky k5ux at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 19 21:28:26 EST 2009

Well, I feel humbled. Someone suggested I might have something
configured improperly. If I had spent more time reading the ops manual,
I would have found that I configured the CW Pitch dip switches
incorrectly. In addition to transmit sidetone, they also effect
receiver IF passband and display offset from the BFO carrier frequency.
I also found an article on the web that suggest switch positions 1-4 are
associated with the CW TUNE led and if left off, would decrease the
possibility of QRM from the led. Apparently, switch positions 5-6 on
the dip impact the areas mentioned above.

Thanks to all that responded.

Mike
K5UX

"Still learning about my 1000D.  I finally got the technical supplement
and it really helps.
Only one minor problem.  The IF shift seems to work normally in both
LSB and USB, but I have
to move it to the 2 o'clock position when using the 500 Hz filter on
CW.  Can't hear anything
that resembles CW if I leave it in the 12 o'clock position.  Not sure
what area to look at.  I have
all the test equipment I need, but want to make sure I am in the right
area before I start tweaking."