[Yaesu] Yaesu serial numbers

Ken Kinyon w7ts at comcast.net
Sun Nov 1 18:56:10 PST 2009

Thanks Joe and Fred,
I think that is all I need to know. It didn't dawn on me that serial numbers
were sequential thru the years.  For some reason, I assumed that they started
over each year.
  Fred, I have one that is 5J980120, so it's just a few month newer than yours.
I have had great service from it also. . I purchased it from a gentleman in
Florida a few years ago.  It is in excellent condition and fully loaded CW
keyer, filter etc.  It has 6/2/220/440.  I picked up a NOS 1296 module for it,
but have yet to install it.  I am looking at one that has a serial starting with
7.  I will get the rest of the serial number and be able to figure out the age
I am thinking of getting another for traveling.
Thanks again
Ken W7TS