[Yaesu] FT-60R PARTS HELP NEEDED

Fred ke5htb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 00:45:50 PDT 2010

hello

1st off I have a nice ft-60r and love it so much and use it daily and
thats when my problem happened.
I placed the radio in my glove box in car and somehow the squelch knob
broke off the center pin.
yaesu sells the switches itself but not the pcb vr-unit anymore. I would
like to find the complete unit and replace what I have now completely
and then buy a switch to fix the other board and have a complete backup
pcb setup as I know it IS going to happen again I know that.

My problem is Yaesu does not sell them they said in a order email to
them for part numbers.

here is the part numbers and what I would like to purchase. 1 of each of
these.

Here is what we currently have in stock:

J60800236   POT. TP76N00N 20KA/SW             $8.45    IN STOCK
Q9000739    ROTARY ENCODER TP76D96E20         $12.50   IN STOCK
CB2776001   AH017M000 VR-UNIT **OBSOLETE***   $15.40   Discontinued

Unfortunately the VR-Unit is the only way to get the printed circuit board
which has been discontinued.  All we have is just the pots by themselves.

I am hoping maybe somebody has a broken ft-60r with a good vr-unit setup and wishes to sell it or if I have to purchase a parts radio it be ok also. I can not
afford to replace the radio and with the 1 switch broken it sure is hard to reprogram it and everything that the knob uses.
I am a disabled ham and do use thios radio when I am in my small shop outside and in my car or anywhere outside and just love the radio itself. has been a great radio.
just them switches are not the best in the world for durability I think. it didnt take much for it to snap off right at the edge in the center of the knob. I can still use the squelch side as that part is ok. I just can not do any of the other functions I need to reprogram it. can not even use the program on PC cause I can not get to the correct menu on the radio to get it in prg mode/clone I think it is called.

OR does anyone have a suggestion on how to reprogram the radio via PC without having access to this setup menu.
myself I am lost here. I can clear it out and program by 1 at a time and all of that but I have aprox 20+ to put in and it would take me a month to complete due to disabilities.

if anyone knows a dealer or place to purchase this parts other then yaesu please let me know. I just need the full VR-UNIT mainly and I can order the new pot from yaesu and fix the 2nd unit for backup is my plans.

PLEASE ANY help is greatly appreciated

Fred Rugar
KE5HTB
AEC ARES BEE COUNTY TX.