[Yaesu] MH-27 Mic DTMF inop

GGLL nagato at arnet.com.ar
Mon Mar 8 05:48:29 PST 2010

	My 2 cents (like you use to say), common sub-miniature electrolytics
work fine also (1uF 16V), I've replaced many of them.

The job is somewhat complicated due to the location of the beasts, but
you can accomplish it with correct tools. Keep care to watch the
polarity before removing them.

The worst problem is the leak inside the microphone board which destroys
the traces and feedthrough holes. It's a slow process but if you let it
work, this electrolytic fluid corrodes the copper.

Regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.