[Yaesu] FT1000MP and RTTY

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Apr 17 10:57:59 PDT 2011

>> I noticed that when I am casually operating and I see click on a
>> spot for  a RTTY station from the DX spots window of Logger32,
>> the radio is not displaying the same frequency as the one posted.
>> (rig control is being used) I realize that most hams post the MARK
>> freq of a station and that what my radio is doing is displaying the
>> SUPPRESSED CARRIER FREQ.

Are you using FSK (RTTY) or AFSK (PKT) with the FT-1000MP?

In RTTY the FT-1000MP (and Mark V) can display either carrier or
Mark depending on the setting of Menu 6-3 (RTTY Frequency Display).

In PKT, the FT-1000MP can display either carrier or Mark depending
in the value of menu 6-5 (Packet frequency display offset) - set
it to 0 to display carrier or the (negative) value of your mark
frequency to display Mark.

If I recall correctly, Logger32 *expects* the FT-1000MP to display
Mark in RTTY (FSK) and carrier in AFSK (PKT) or USB and compensates
accordingly.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV