[Yaesu] FTDX5000MP

K8RI k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Thu Apr 21 03:06:38 PDT 2011

Anyone have experience with the FTDX5000 series yet?
I'm looking for information to help me make up my mind between the
FTDX5000MP and a competitors rig.

Both run about the same price. I'd like a real time band scope, but they
seem sorta scarse.
I like the features of the 5000MP and think it'd work with second source
software and my computer to provide a good real time band scope. Remote
operation and operation on my network is desirable as well, without
having to purchase extra hardware.

I run SO2R with one station in the den here in the house and one out in
my shop with a 6-pack at the base of the big tower. Wiring in the second
tower gets a bit more complicated. Hence another reason for the desire
to operate off the network.

73

Roger (K8RI)