[Yaesu] Yaesu Digest, Vol 100, Issue 6

k2qmf at juno.com k2qmf at juno.com
Thu Apr 21 15:15:13 PDT 2011

Ed,
The CW from the current production runs of the FTdx-5000
is very clean!  No short dit and no difference with internal or
external keyers.  No key clicks.
The only issue some people have is that you can't hear between
the dits at high speed QSK CW operation!
You still can hear between CW letters at any speed and,for me that works
just fine and the CW signal is very clean...

I had an FT-1000MP before this 5000 and the 5000 has much cleaner CW.

If I were you i'd go for it, which I did!  I love mine and I am 99% CW.

73,
Ted  K2QMF