[Yaesu] 1000D CAT issues

W2GR at aol.com W2GR at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 14:12:54 PST 2011

I recently purchased a new to me 1996 model and the CAT is not working...It
 has the 6.0 ROM ver. from the Vegas test.....

I purchased a cable to eliminate the FIF 232 interface and tried it on 2
computers...nada....and the cat on the front of the rig didn't light....so I
don't know now if its the rig or the cable....soooo

I found the Yaesu FIF-232C interface on the net and purchased
it....however it does not have the standard 6 pin din (on both ends) cable  to try
it..(nor does it have the printed manual)..and I don't have the ends or  the
cable here to glue one together....and they seem non-existent on the web
anywhere that I have found...Yaesu said 10 weeks from Japan!....

So my first question is...Does anyone here have a cable they would sell so
I can try the FIF-232 and see if it works or if the CAT on the rig is
in-op?....How bout a copy of the manual?...

And if the CAT on the rig is faulty...is there something I am missing on
how to activate it and if not....is it a costly thing to get going?...and by
whom?...I have all the settings for the serial port set according to the
1KD  manual...

The previous owner says he has never had it CAT controlled....

I hope that explains where I am at with this issue.....I have had my MP
since 96 and never had a problem....I suppose I should keep my mouth shut
though!....

The rig seems to operate great otherwise and its nice to finally have
one....but I really want the CAT to work...

Thanks for any help ,73

Mike W2GR