[Yaesu] Yaesu FT-990 RX Port

Bob Pack bob.nx5m at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:16:34 PST 2012

Two weeks ago lightning hit one of my towers.  The only cable connected to
the radio was the coax from the 160m receive antennas of which the feedlines
are in close proximity to the tower that was hit. Problem is
this......FT-990 with the coax connected to the rx port and the rx switch
engaged the noise level is very high (s9) even with the power to the
beverage relay box turned off.  I have tested the rx system with two other
FT-990's, a 1000D and 1000MK5 and they work fine.

This the radio that is used on 160m so the rx port is certainly something that is needed.

Bob NX5M