[Yaesu] Ftdx 3000 xcvr

John Tait bravo at iol.ie
Fri Nov 30 04:45:57 EST 2012

No "big problem" at all. This is a down conversion rig, and you're
tuning across the IF frequency of the rig (9mHz), so you're hearing
exactly what I'd expect you to hear.
      If you want complete general coverage, you need to use an
up-conversion rig.
This is the price you pay for good close-in strong signal handling (3rd
order IP). There's no free lunch. You pay for your good close-in strong
signal handling, by having poor image rejection, and garbage around the
I/F.
      " You can't have your cake and eat it".
           Vy 73
                 John EI7BA