[Yaesu] Digital modes through FT100 mic jack

John G. af5cc at fidmail.com
Sun Apr 21 22:02:45 EDT 2013

It is fairly easy to run a cable between the mic jack on the FT100 and the line out jack on a computer (turn on the VOX) and run AFSK that way, or is it more complicated.  I seem to remember hearing that the FT100 needed some voltage or something on the mic line, but I could be wrong with that also.  Has anyone been able to run AFSK this way?

I am trying to come up with a cheap interface for the digital modes, and my netbook doesn't have any serial ports.

73 John AF5CC