[Yaesu] FT-1900 DCS setup

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sun Jan 13 16:48:27 EST 2013

Just bought FT-1900 from a swap-net. I have ADMS-1900 software, and have
installed it in Windows 7.  It went to the 'net and added some upgrade.
I have set up a bunch of repeater channels, one of which requires DCS
input, but does not (apparently) send DCS output.  At any rate, I cannot
receive anything from that repeater. (I can key the repeater up with a
Wouxun handheld, and hear it come back on the Wouxun.)

I set up the channel in the ADMS chart for DCS 023 . Under RxDCS, the
023 is grayed out. But the radio seems to think that it needs to receive
a DCS code. (The manual points out that DCS is supposed to be two-way.)

I tried the procedure (as I understand it) from the manual, with menu
items 48 and 49, but did not see what I expected in item 49.  I need to
set up
the radio so as not to require a DCS (or any) code on receive on that
channel.  Please walk me thru it slowly, so I can do that.

Thanx--doug, WA2SAY

PS--if this mailing list does not automatically post the answer to me,
please advise (directly to me) how I should get the answer.