[Yaesu] FT-1000MP Antenna Tuner

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Wed Sep 4 20:04:47 EDT 2013

I have a FT-1000MP on loan from a good friend. Works great except the
antenna tuner will not tune properly. It will search for a match, going  through
both good and bad matches as it searches, and finally quits at what I
think is some random bad match ( I suspect it times out on the search).  This is
true even if tuning into a 50 ohm load.

My friend never used the tuner, so does not know how long this has been a
problem, or if maybe forever.

Does anybody have any settings, menu items, or other suggestions on what to
 try to get the tuner to work?

73  -  Jim   K8MR