[Yaesu] FS FT-5100 with FTS-22 tone squelch board

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Wed Apr 30 18:30:48 EDT 2014

I have an FT-5100 transceiver that has the FTS-22 tone squelch board
installed.  The radio does have an issue that backup lithum batteries
discharge much sooner than they ought (it even has a battery socket
wired in to make swapping the battery easy) which requires resetting the
TX/RX limits as after doing the expanded TX mod.

The radio transmits and receives (I last used it last autumn), includes
the mobile bracket, but not the ears that mount to the radio, power
cord, MH-27 microphone (repaired by replacing the failed capacitors),
manual, and mic clip.

Cosmetically, I would rate it an 8 of 10 due to a crack in the bottom
side of the front bezel (was there when I bought it used).

I am asking $85 plus FedEx shipping to the US and Canada.  I will send
pictures upon request.

73, de Nate >>