[Yaesu] Some Yaesu FT1000MP MK5 questions

Keith Morehouse w9rm at calmesapartners.com
Sun Jan 14 12:28:34 EST 2018

I think I mentioned this to you before, but if not, be warned - LIMIT the
use of Class A mode as much as possible.  Class A mode cranks the bias so
high the cooling can't keep up.  I blew up a FTV-1000 6M transverter this
way - toasted both FET finals trying to limit drive into the amplifier.

Now days, destroying your finals is NOT easily fixed.  They are very scarce
and need to be MATCHED as pairs.  There are at least 15 different "bins"
the parts were sorted to.  If you don't match them, you will soon lose one
or the other again - you can only balance them so much using the individual
bias controls in the PA.

Other then the fact the MP MKV noise blanker are not very good, the rest of
the radio is very nice and I still use one.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.