[Yaesu] FT1000MP overheating and audio failure

Robert Shohet kq2m at earthlink.net
Tue May 29 10:35:04 EDT 2018

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your email, information and the great question.  I realize that I should have been more clear in my reporting of the “symptoms”.

There is a tiny bit of noise and I am not receiving any stations.  Even the spurs are barely audible.  But the radio audio is not completely “dead”.

I will try connecting the antenna to the separate RX antenna port.  I remember doing that once with an audio problem on the other radio – I had forgotten that diagnostic test.  Thank you for mentioning it!  I will check and let you know what I find.

73

Bob KQ2M