[Yaesu] Direct Battery Hookup.

Michael Clarson wv2zow at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 15:57:04 EDT 2019

If you run the radio negative lead directly to the battery, you need to
fuse that lead by the battery. Should the main battery ground wire open,
and one tries to start the car, the starter will try to pull all the
current it needs through the radio NEG wire. It could also pull current
through the antenna lead if the radio is not grounded. At the very least,
there will be a mess of melted insulation. Worst case would be a fire. If
one grounds the radio NEG to vehicle body, that fuse is not needed in the
NEG lead. No judgement as to which way is better. --Mike, WV2ZOW.