[Yaesu] FTdx101d/mp external monitor - DVD-D 800 x 480 / 800 x 600

Kimo Chun kimochun at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 10:23:31 EDT 2020

Has anyone installed an external monitor on the new FTdx101? It's not
likely a native resolution array will be found these days. I'll be trying
an old Dell 1905FP this weekend (native 1280 x 1024, has a DVI-D 24+1
digital DVI input) Any experience out there? I saw an active converter to
VGA/HD-15 (one way) on Amazon. It's more a question of whether there is
degradation due to the remapping to a non-native resolution. Perhaps a
newer TV with better upscaling capability built-in with an appropriate
adapter may work better.

73, Kimo KH7U
kimo at lava.net