VP9AD CQ 160 CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: VP9AD CQ 160 CW
From: n3rd@ix4.ix.netcom.com (n3rd@ix4.ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 11:09:11 -0400
VP9AD S/O - QSOs = 1630, States/Prov. = 58, DX = 62  ==> 1,220,880

I went into the contest with two goals:  1) Break a million points,
and/or 2) make 1400 QSOs.  Goad 1 was achieved by 05Z Sunday, so I
upped the goal to 1.25 Meg.

Some "Contest Bites:"  My strategy was to call CQ, which I did for
all but one contact, KH6CC.  Condx to Eu disappointing Friday, but
excellent Saturday.  Best DX was on Saturday/Sunday with UA9, UN, KL7
(first ever KL7-VP9 QSO on 160?) and VK at sunrise to the minute.
Managed WAC, but where was Africa this year?  Best hour: 22Z Friday
with 138, all US/VE.  Quit both mornings at 12Z when rate fell
through the floor.  407 10 point contacts, with only 135 the first
night.  DX country with most Qs was DL at 89, followed by G at 52.

All in all, a very fun contest!

73 - Dave N3RD
n3rd@ix.netcom.com