SS/CW - KA8OKH - SO/LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: SS/CW - KA8OKH - SO/LP
From: ka8okh@som-uky.campus.mci.net (Rich Dailey, KA8OKH)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 14:35:09 -0400
     1996 ARRL NOVEMBER SWEEPSTAKES CW

     Call used: KA8OKH          Location: KY
     Category: SO/LP
     Callsign of Operator: KA8OKH
     Exchanged Information: nr A KA8OKH 80 KY

     Hours of Operation: 13:42

     band      QSOs     points
     160          0          0
      80          0          0
      40        295        590
      20         42         84
      15         22         44
      10          0          0
     TOTAL      359        718   X   71 multipliers  =  50,978

     Missed WY NE ND SK PAC NWT AK

     IC-765, homebrew 40m vertical, NA 10.07

     This was my first real SS since 1981.  Need more antenna!
     Heard the massive WYO traffic jam on 20,  but no luck.
     Had a couple nice little runs on 40 - was fun working the
     qrp stations - 20 total.
     Could not get my vertical to load on 80 at all, so had to
     settle for 40,20,15.  Next year must have an 80m antenna,
     and something better for 20,15,10.

Rich Dailey - KA8OKH <ka8okh@som-uky.campus.mci.net>
Somerset Electronics Co. - Somerset, KY
Expert repair on all major brands of CATV line/headend, & TVRO equipment.
Opinions expressed here are of my own unique design.