K9MA CW SS Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K9MA CW SS Score
From: sdelling@facstaff.wisc.edu (Scott Ellington)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 15:10:18 -0600
K9MA CW SS 1996  SOAB-HP

416 QSO's, 74 sections, 61,568 pts.

FT-1000D, AL-82
TH-7 at 21M, 40M rotatable dipole at 23M, 80M shunt feed.
TRLOG 5.86, precambrian 286

Comments:

Approx. 6 hours, all Sunday.  Surprising that so many mults showed
up with so little effort.  (I did take a minute to crack N7NG's huge
pile-up.)

As several others commented, folks seemed to be pretty civilized
this time.  Sometimes my "?" yielded a single very loud DIT.  Fair
enough.  The skip was often long.

I thought there would be more activity on 160, with even 80 going
long so early, but never heard much when I checked.

My first contest with TRLOG, so my apologies for the botched
exchanges.  It sounded like a few others were still learning, too.
TRLOG is very efficient to use, but takes some getting used to.  Seems
to work fine with a very slow computer and disk.

Never operate a contest with the neat little keyboard you get at
a hamfest for $10.  As if I don't botch things up enough myself,
the thing crashed the computer in mid-exchange.

It sure is great to hear all those long calls with 90's checks!
--

Scott  K9MA
sdelling@facstaff.wisc.edu