K8NZ SS CW LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K8NZ SS CW LP
From: Nzharps@aol.com (Nzharps@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 18:53:41 -0500
Call Used: K8NZ   Category:  SOAB  LP

    80   258
    40   358
    20   133
    15    36
===========
           785  X  77 (VE4GV where were you???????)  120,890

   Hours of Operation: 19
   Club:  North Coast Contesters

   Equipment:  IC-765, IC-751 + networked PC's running NA v. 10.04
   Antennas:  80m Inv Vee @55',  40m Loop @ 75', 20m 204BA @100', 15m 155BA

   Comment:  Low band conditions stunk here in OH.  40m was very long by 23z
and had a W6 answer a CQ on 80 at 02z.  With this in mind, I shut down by 07z
on first night.  This is several hours earlier than normal, but my hope was
that rates had to be better with daylight on Sunday.  This strategy also had
the unintended side effect of not having to struggle with off time decisions.
 Rates were better on Sunday than they were prior to shutdown, but pulled the
plug at 2230z.  Guess I have to get used to slower pace of doing SS with
100w, as my interest faded during the afternoon.

              73 to all,
              Ron, K8NZ