CW SS Commnets

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: CW SS Commnets
From: w5xx@vicksburg.com (malcolm keown)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 19:17:01 -0600
W5XX  Miss. SO/LP no packet   1000 Q's by 78 sections = 156K

QSO Band breakdown: 80 - 243
                    15 - 4

Rig:  FT-1000/FT-101ZD   Antennas:  80 - inverted vee at 110'and a 4-square
                                    40 - phased 2 el at 50' (NE) and 2 el at
115' (W)
                                    20 - phased 4 el at 50' (NE) and 4 el at
120' (W)
                                    15 - didn't need an antenna

I enjoyed reading the SS comments on the 3830@acorn.net reflecor so much
that.., I thought I would throw my two cents in.  I saw a lot of comments on
how poor 40 wsa.  Looking at my QSO breakdown, I must have ben in a
propagation warp.

Started off great with 3 70Q plus hours, then has to go to a wedding which
sort of broke the pace.  On 40 the skip stayed long all day; worked K1TR
(QRP) in NH at 1130 local time; 20 was terrible.  Most of the signals sound
like they were multi-path except for the West Coast.  20 finally opened up
for short ship for 2.5 hours at 2130 for some good runs, but it wsa to late
to run up a big score.