WA6GDS SS CW SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WA6GDS SS CW SOLP
From: 74503.53@compuserve.com (Jim Stockwell)
Date: 07 Nov 96 02:10:02 EST
                       ARRL SWEEPSTAKES 1996

      Call: WA6GDS  (Now W6KC) CK: 59 Section: LAX
      Mode: CW   Category: Single Operator, Low Power

      BAND     QSOs
      160         0
       80         85
       40         76
       20       327
       15       176
       10          0
     -----------------------------------
     Totals    664  QSOs  76 Sections (Missed WY and NWT)

               Score:  100,928

Power Output: 100 watts     Hours of operation: 21

Equipment Description:
TS450SAT
2El Hygain TH2MK3 at about 30 Ft
Hustler 4BTV Vertical
80 Half Wave Dipole Feed with 450 Ohm line at about 30Ft

With 10m and 15m marginal and with my limited  antennas farm I made the most out
of 20m. This is the most QSOs I have ever made on 20 Meters in any contest.  I
couldnt believe I could hang on to a 20m frequency for long stretches and run
QSOs. Maybe my Hygain 2El Beam has hit its vintage years - I still have my
original invoice from Henry Radio dated 01/18/69 for $86.95.  I think I've
almost gotten my moneys worth.  Now I need to find a way to get my dipole
higher to make progress on 40/80.   I might try to get it up another 10 Ft for
SS Phone.  Maybe my new 1x2 call will add some Qs too!

73, Jim, W6KC