KK5GT 96 SS SSB Low Power Unassisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: KK5GT 96 SS SSB Low Power Unassisted
From: tv4029wx@khbs-khog.com (Steve Gibbs)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 13:56:59 -0800
1996 ARRL NOVEMBER SWEEPSTAKES

     Call used: KK5GT                                          Location: AR

     Category: Single Op                 Mode: SSB             Power: 80W
               Unassisted
     Callsign of Operator: KK5GT

     Exchanged Information: nr A KK5GT 92 AR

     Hours of Operation: 22

     band      QSOs     points
    __________________________
     160          0          0
      80        123        246
      40        186        372
      20        129        258
      15        108        216
      10          0          0
     _________________________
     TOTAL      546       1092   X   78 multipliers  =  85,176

     Comments: Ex AC5BR, back to my advanced call KK5GT. And, it must
     have been a lucky move because of what happened last weekend.
     My first sweep, an early Christmas gift!  I hope Jay got PR

     as it didn't seem to exist Sunday.  A good friend of mine, AB5SE
     also missed sweep for the same reason. Plenty of KP4's on
     Saturday.  This was the first time I tried to stay awake for the
     entire 24 hour period.  It's a lot tougher than I thought!  Had to
     take a couple of unsheduled breaks on Sunday and shut it down with
     an hour to go because of fatigue.  Guess I should take naps during
     those first few breaks.  Took 4 hours before 0600 and I think it
     helped out my score, event though it's low.  Still, my G5RV at 20'
     amazes me.  Busted several pile-ups on a whim when I didn't think
     there was a chance.  It seemed like 15 and 20 were extremely long
     form Arkansas both days.  Heard only west and east coast on 15.
     Thank goodness there were so many Californians.  They made the
     difference.  Seemed like activity was way up and I guess people
     like me are the reson why.  Only my second year in the contest.
     I plan to do this one for many years to come.  Who knows, maybe
     next time I will break that magic 100K barrier.  Last year, that
     seemed impossible.  This year, it seemed in reach.  Next year, it
     will be an attainable goal. 73

     Name: Steve Gibbs                     Call: KK5GT
           22 Aberdeen Ct
           Fort Smith, AR  72903