Big Deal on 160 Mtr TEst

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Big Deal on 160 Mtr TEst
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 11:25:48 -0600
Here is the score from K0WA

SO/HP (HP = about 700 watts)

509 QSO = 1039 pts X 76 Mults = 78,280  (3 DX contacts)  10.5 Hours

So, what is the big deal?  Well, the band was incredible for me this
weekend, but since I have not operated a lot of 160 meters I didn't know the
band very well.  I think I could have worked a few more DX stations.

Station is very modest...Inverted-L with four radials of random length, an
850 and a AL80A.

The band was very quiet and I heard things that I never thought I could hear
on the band.  PAC calling me during a run.  Breaking the AK pileup was easy,
but breaking AA1K in Del was very hard.

Downside:  I introduced my friend, K0TQ (ex-WA0SXR) to contesting about four
years ago and he is a hot CW operator that lives less than a mile away from
me.  We had to divide up the band to keep from interferring with each other.
Had too coordinate where we were going to operate each night.

Fun contest and bettered my score from last time.  See you in the next contest

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net