N1RJF SO/LP ARRL DX CW Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N1RJF SO/LP ARRL DX CW Score
From: matwood@sover.net (Matt Atwood)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 17:15:36 -0500 (EST)
        Call:N1RJF      Country: United States          Report: 5NN VT
        Mode: CW        Category: SO/LP/UnAssisted      Time on: 17.9 hrs

        BAND    QSO     QSO PTS         PTS/QSO         Countries

        160     5       15              3               5               All
new ones!
        80      69      207             3               36              Egads!!!
        40      68      204             3               37              Hard
to hear through all the W3's
        20      253     759             3               51              Usual...
        15      20      60              3               17              Very
poor
        10      0       0               0               0
Nothing needs to be said

     Totals:    415     1245            3               146    =  181,770

Equipment:
Kenwood TS-140S
R-4 at 10 feet
G5RV at 30 feet (E/W)
160 Dipole at 20 feet (N/S)

Editorial:
160:  Ws excited to work any European DX as this is my first real jump into
160 operating during a contest.  Proves that a low antenna can still work.
My apologies though to all those who struggled with my call but did not Q
with me.  Next time.

80M: Egads is right, this band got me hooked on Low Band DXing.  Used to
only work 10-40 Meters in contests due to antenna restrictions at my old
QTH, but now I'll definately have to improve on my Low Band antennas.
Europe was just booming in here most of the contest, even made some early
(2200Z) European Q's on Saturday.

40M: Very hard to hear through all of the W3's on the band.  It was
productive nonetheless, giving me nearly 1/4 of my multipliers.  Heard ZL3
and 7X on Saturday night but couldn't work them.

20M: As usual, the staple band.  Europe and Africa both days, almost no
South America though.  Sigs were strong for most of the contest, but the
band went short around 17-1800 Z on Sunday so that I was hearing Connecticut
and Rhode Island louder than Europe!!!  This made for tough going.

15M: 20 Q's... that says it all.

10M: Yeah, right...

See you all next 'test...