[3830] K5OY cq 160 ssb so/lp assisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K5OY cq 160 ssb so/lp assisted
From: tv4029wx@khbs-khog.com (Steve Gibbs)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:25:52 -0800
                           1997 CQ 160 METER CONTEST

     Call used: K5OY                                           Location: AR

     Category: Single Op Single Band      Mode: SSB             Power: 150W

     Callsign of Operator: K5OY

     Exchanged Information: K5OY RST AR

     Hours of Operation: 12:47

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
     160        245        537
     -------------------------
     TOTAL      245        537   X   53 multipliers  =  28,461

     I found this to be another enjoyable event and that a slight
     modification to my 160 meter dipole, (yes, they do exist) made
     a big difference on the second night.  Even managed a run of
     About 45 stations.  During the middle of that run, a state I
     needed, North Dakota, popped up out of nowhere.  He worked a
     few stations, but could not hear me.  Darned!! Soon he faded
     into oblivion and a request came on frequency for me, so I got
     back on and finished my run.  I really wish he could have stayed
     and worked the frequency, but propigation just wasn't there.  So
     I hold steady at 48 states and hope that Alaska and North Dakota
     sations work a lot of 160!  Maybe the Alaska QSO Party?  Thanks
     to all
     the wonderful ops who make this a blast and make me stay up
     much later than I want.  73

     Name: Steve Gibbs                     Call: K5OY
           22 Aberdeen Ct
           Ft Smith                      , AR  72908