[3830] ARRL 10M - K4MA@AA4NC - SOHP Mixed

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10M - K4MA@AA4NC - SOHP Mixed
From: k4ma@mindspring.com (Jim Stevens)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 23:19:34 -0500
    ARRL 10 SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 13-Dec-97, 14-Dec-97
    Callsign Used : K4MA
         Operator : K4MA
          Station : AA4NC
         Category : Single Op - High Power - Mixed Mode
 Default Exchange : 59(9) NC
        Team/Club : PVRC
   Operating Time : 33 Hours

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   10CW      532         532       2128      58        26
   10SSB    1094        1094       2188      57        34

 Totals     1626        1626       4316     115        60

 Final Score = 755300 points.

 Station 1 Equip: FT-990 & AL-1200 to 5 el at 80 ft rotatable
                  & 4 el at 40 ft fixed NE

 Station 2 Equip: IC-736 & LK-500 to Pro-67 at 60 ft rotatable

 Comments:

 Man, not even Skynyrd could over come the FL advantage, or ...
 They had better Skynyrd than me, that's it!  Maybe they even
 played one Skynyrd CD on Saturday and a different one on Sunday,
 and my interpretation of the rules prohibits using different
 Skynyrd CDs during the same contest from the same station.

 Other interesting notes:
 - 2 long path CW Qs: VK8HA @ 1402Z on Saturday beaming NE
                      N7TE/DU7 @ 1427Z on Sunday beaming SE
   Both called me!  Also got called by LZ0A (South Shetland).

 - Europe on both days.  Man, did you hear UT0D?  I worked him
   on Sunday @ 1530Z above 28.500.  Most Europeans were Martin
   Luther weak, and he was a solid S7.

 - Got WAS on CW, but missed DE on SSB.  Actually tried to move
   NY3C from CW to SSB, but we couldn't do it on SSB.  Thanks to
   all the mults that I asked to move from one mode to the other,
   and you did it.  All moves were successful except for NY3C.

 - Here's the QRATE report:
   1821:          6 per minute     (360/hr)
   1824:         34 per 10 minutes (204/hr)
   1846:        155 per hour

 - Top ten states/countries worked:
   1.           CA  217
   2.           TX  157
   3.           NC   71
   4.           MN   67
   5.           WA   59
   6.           IL   55
   7.           FL   49
   8.           AZ   48
   9.           MA   46
  10.           LU   46

 - Here's the first 5 hours of rate.  Based on
   the rate sheets posted thus far looks like
   I was the leader out of the gate, but I faded
   after the first turn.  BTW, I had some equip
   problems during the 2nd hour, or it might
   have been higher.
  HOUR   10CW    10SSB   TOTAL   ACCUM
    0      20      87     107     107
    1      18      58      76     183