[3830] K6RO SPRINT SSB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K6RO SPRINT SSB HP
From: K6RO@aol.com (K6RO@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 23:26:02 EST

                                          K6RO SPRINT SSB HP

Call:K6RO
Pwr:1500
Exchange:Larry CA
Team:SCCC #1

Band         Q's          mults
- -----------------------------------------
20            73               ..
40            107             ..
80             87              42
total          267             42 =11,214

Soap: Have you ever done a contest when you really didn't have the time or
shouldn't do it for other reasons?Well,this was the one for me.I tried to do
way too many things in the same day and the results show it.I finally got home
just before the contest started.Things started off quite well.After an hour
and a half ,I was way ahead of my best score,and my 300 Q goal was in
sight.About this time,I started feeling stomach pains.I tried to continue,but
it was not in the cards as the first of 10 bathroom breaks really took my mind
off of the contest.I will NEVER eat any exotic foods before a contest again!

This was the first time that K6RO and N6RO were in a sprint together.I'm not
sure how Ken was affected,but I was told at least 15 times "Ken,you are a
dupe". I had to explain each time to log me as I was not n6ro.Thanks to all
who put me in their log.

Other than these few minor problems,I had fun. Congrats to all the over 300
crowd for a job well done.73 and see you in the next one..Larry K6RO