[3830] NA Sprint CW W2GD Score/Comments

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W2GD Score/Comments
From: w2gd@hotmail.com (John Crovelli)
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 09:18:03 PST
300 Q x 45 M  =  13,500 Points

At the open 20M was just too long.  The W5s, 6s, and 7s were very loud
but here on the east coast we struggled to hear the 8s. 9s and 0s.  IMO,
huge advantage to everyone out west.

When I qsyed to 40 the band sounded empty.  Maybe it was just the split
that I chose (34/55) to flip flop between but there were too many times
CQs went unanswered.

80 sounded pretty good with both short and long condx.  I could tell
some of my east coast competition made up a lot of ground in the last
1.5 hours on 80.  Missed mults that should be easy  like RI, VE4, VE6,
ME, KS, NE, VE1, AK, and VT.

Thanks go to K2TW for loaning me his antennas for the evening.  This
event was a great way to check out my own Xcvr/Amp which have been
sitting inactive for several months now,  before going down to P40W for
ARRL DX SSB next month.

Overall I gave this Sprint an 8 rating on a scale of 1 to 10.

John W2GD/P40W