[3830] w0etc CQ 160 SSB Contest SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] w0etc CQ 160 SSB Contest SO HP
From: w0etc@ix.netcom.com (Larry Lindblom)
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 20:59:47 -0600
W0ETC SO/HP score     QTH: IA

32 Hours
812 Qs
55 States & Provinces
10 countries
for 118,108 points

Station:  IC-775 DSP, TL-922, 4 square phased array of sloping verticals
hung from a 123 ft tower with elevated radials, no beverages..

Comment: My first SO effort in this contest in over 5 years.  Like
everyone else the QRN was bad (especially from 0830 to 1130 on the 28th
due to snow showers).  Had a CT3 call me put I never could pull his call
out of the crud).  I think the winner of this one will be the person
with the least busted calls due to QRN.  Had to run the amp at 400 watts
due to problems which it developed the night b4 the contest.