[3830] W8CAR CQSSB 160 SOHP/UA

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W8CAR CQSSB 160 SOHP/UA
From: w8car@lrbcg.com (Dan Kovatch)
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 16:37:16 -0800
My first puny attempt at a phone contest in YEARS.

133 qsos, 304 points, 36 mults=10,944

It was fun for the few hours I played on Friday night. Went up high
early to run and C6AIE (the call is right in the log if not here) call
in-ah beverages are wunnerful. The W9xt card worked well once I
remembered to preload the program to program it. The beverages worked
well. Worked several carib types but never heard EU.
On Saturday the nice farmer asked I remove beverages so the fields could
be plowed. So, Saturday took them down and had no incentive to get on
Saturday evening. Next year soybeans and NO cornhusks to rap the kness
plus he says I'll be able to get them in a month or so earlier My wife
suggested a fruit basket in thanks! Next year-longer -more -further from
radials!
73 Dan W8CAR