[3830] K0OB NAQP Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K0OB NAQP Score
From: k0ob@uswest.net (Greg Fields)
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 15:04:48 -0500
Op:     K0OB
Class:  SO
State:  MN
Hours:  10

Band    QSOs    Mults   Ant
160     13      9       Alpha Delta sloper at 30 feet
80      54      27      Dipole at 26 feet, vertical up 8 feet
40      133     42      Sloper at 40 feet and Alpha Delta sloper
20      210     45      Tribander at 30 feet and Gap Vertical up 12 feet
15      111     31      ditto
10      41      20      ditto
----------------
      562  x  174 = 97,778

Rigs:
FT1000 and FT890

Comments
---------
I think the neighbors heard me scream Friday night when I came down
to the shack and saw the A=26. Why does this always seem to happen
just before a contest? At least there was some stuff on 10 early
on in the contest. This is the first time I got to use both radios
for a full contest effort myself. I'm amazed how easy it is to
listen to a different radio in each ear. And it's really neat to
be able to hear what's going on with the other bands. Made over
50 Q's on the second radio and got some needed multipliers.
This is one of my favorite contests. Probably because it's so
family friendly with the short run time. I don't get that
"look" so much when I "request" time to operate NAQP, hi.

73,

Greg K0OB