[3830] KR6NA - CQP SSB SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KR6NA - CQP SSB SOLP
From: joe.carvalho@wcom.com (Joe Carvalho)
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 23:05:08 -0600
BAND    SSB(Q's)
=============
160          0
80            5
40          72
20        213
15          89
10            1
------------------
TOTAL:380 q's, 58 counties

44080 points.

10m was a great band if I wanted to talk to people over the Pole, but it was
totally useless for generating q's to the left coast.

New QTH and the only aerial I had up was the GAP Titan. Not quite sure how
it survived being ripped down from the  mast by 100mph winds a couple of
weeks ago. The quad loop blew down and was last seen blowing  through
Kansas. 160m L decided high wind  conditions  were too much and gave up the
ghost, being elevated by 2'-3' shrubs didn't cut it.

Hanging last years 1'st place for Colorado CQP certificate was a great
motivator. Finally made all 58 CA counties..woo woo! A 6 call in Colorado is
the kiss of death for CQP. I had more NON-CA stations calling to work me
than I could handle. Coulda, woulda, shoulda used the /0. My hindsight
requires no corrective eyeware.

Tnx to all that heard me.

--joe
DE KR6NA/0 (stroke nothing)