[3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA Multi-Multi HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA Multi-Multi HP
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net (kl7ra@ptialaska.net)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:53:46 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL7AF AL7IF AL7MU KL7TC KL7RA KL7XD NL7V NL7Y
Station: KL7RA

Class: Multi-Multi HP
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:     20      8      7
   80:     89     12     13
   40:    849     28     66
   20:   2725     39    130
   15:   3289     39    136
   10:   2444     36    114
-------------------------------
Total:   9416    162    466  =  14,583,416

Comments:

So, I'm running the 40 meter amp in yankee mode a little hard and the
rectifier stack explodes. The monitor blinks out as well. I look around
and everybody gets busy. "Gimme that amp!". "No, I'm working stuff here".
I look over at the ten meter position. He's tuning franticly. Now let
me tell you kids, ten meters is as dead as my wife's favorite house plant
that didn't get watered while she's been gone. "GIVE me that AMP!!". "No".
I wait, times on my side, they have to sleep sooner or later, I have a
cunning plan. KL7RA