[3830] CQWW SSB W4NF SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W4NF SOAB LP
From: w4nf@aol.com (w4nf@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 16:01:16 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: W4NF
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB LP
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:    123     20     52
   15:    100     12     36
   10:    196      7     40
-------------------------------
Total:    419     39    128  =  205,744

Comments:

I just got the C3E up last weekend at 87' and decided to play a little in
the contest.  I had several items that limited my ability to really compete,
including not having the rotor hooked up.  The rotor cable is hooked to the
rotor and comes down to the bottom of the tower.  I still have to run the
Romex (not purchased yet) to the house which is about 700-800' away.  So I
pointed the beam towards Europe and made the best of it.  Also during the
land clearing and tower raising the 40, 80 and 160 antennas were all taken
down so I was limited to 20/15/10 towards Europe.  I have a CC 40-2CD that
will go up on the tower but it is in the box right now.  My amp is also at
my brother's house W4RM, as we are giong to operate SSCW from his house next
weekend.  Anyway,  I was on for about 11 hours and I was really impressed
with the bands and the antenna.  Even with low power I was able to have some
runs on 15 and 10 and for the first time I was able to run a little on 20
when I found a!
 clear freq at the high end.  I missed the European opening on Saturday
morning as I was voulnteered to help in our office move but Sunday morning I
had a great time and had some great runs on 10 with some where around a 72
hour.  I can't wait until I have the whole station up and operational with
all the antennas, some power and a rotor controller. 73 and CU in SS CW from
W4RM

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/