[3830] CQ160 CW XE2/W6RW SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW XE2/W6RW SOHP
From: w6rw@earthlink.net (w6rw@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 03:58:49 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, CW

Call: XE2/W6RW
Operator(s): W6RW
Station:

Class: SOHP
Operating Time (hrs): 16

QTH: MEXICO

QSOs: 346  States/Provinces: 45  Countries: 9  Score: 94878

Comments:

Spent Friday afternoon putting up antenna....was laying radials
in the dark. Didn't get done until 0450 UTC. Had converted amp to 115 volts
but forgot to put in bigger fuse. Blew fuse during first QSO so went
barefoot first night. Went to store on Saturday and bought fuses so
had amp on Saturday night. This is my first real effort in this contest
from my place in Mexico on river south of Mexicali. Because this is
nothing but farmland I thought there wouldn't be much noise. I WAS WRONG!
Noise level was between S7 and S9 most of the time. Next year, I will have
a receive antenna! Heard people calling me down in the noise but just
couldn't pull them out. Had a great time and will be operating 160 contests
from there for many years into the future.....maybe I can get a real
Mexican callsign....they tell me that that is not possible.

Club Affiliation: SOUTHERN CALIF CONTEST CLUB

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               MICHAEL S. MITCHELL  XE2/W6RW