[3830] NA Sprint SSB - VE5SF - Low power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB - VE5SF - Low power
From: Sam.Ferris.erm@govmail.gov.sk.ca (Ferris, Sam ERM)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:49:22 -0600
                          NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT

     Call used: VE5SF                                          Location: SK

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: PHONE           Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: VE5SF

     Exchanged Information: VE5SF nr SAM SK

     Hours of Operation: 03:56

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
      80          0          0
      40        113        113
      20        112        112
     -------------------------
     TOTAL      225        225   X   48 multipliers  =  10,800

     Comments:  Now I know what VY1JA feels like when he says he can
     hear lots but nobody can here him....80 Metres from Saskatchewan
     with 100 watts and an inverted V yielded no QSO's...not alot of fun.
     40 had a hollow sound from here but still seemed to be pretty good.
     Discovered the reason when I went out to lock down the lower
     tribander after the test...auroral display right overhead...

     Highlight was having HR1RMG call me for his Q number 002...guess
     the XM240 works ok.

     Look for me in the CW portion...