[3830] NAQP CW N5QQ SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5QQ SO
From: n5qq@aol.com (n5qq@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:37:29 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: N5QQ
Operator(s): N5QQ
Station: N5QQ

Class: SO
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:      4      4
   80:     28     17
   40:    144     37
   20:    184     39
   15:     11      8
   10:      1      1
----------------------
Total:    372    106  =  39,432

Club/Team: North Texas Contest Cliub

Comments:

Standard Contest Day Preparation:

 Didn't know whether I was gonna play in this thing or not. Didn't have an
antenna for 160M and my TH6 was now hanging up in the tops of the trees due to
this years growth spurt of those two 60ft oaks.  Plus got a new Orion rotor on
Friday and couldn't resist going ahead and throwing it in the tower on
Saturday. I think I started up the tower at 11am or so Saturday (delayed by a
quick trip with the dog to the vet!). Anyway, a few hours later in Dallas' 100+
deg I got the rotor changed out and even managed to raise the TH6 up a little.
(BTW, Thanks to W5WW for a hand on the hauling ropes.)
Never got to play with fixing the 160 antenna.

First CQ was about 4PM - and played from there till about 10PM. 10 and 15M were
useless - unless you guys got in there at the contest start? Did have a little
fun on 20M and 40M. Thanks to W5FO for the 5 band QSY - and my one lone 10M Q