[3830] NAQP CW N2NFG SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N2NFG SO
From: bobt@gloryroad.net (bobt@gloryroad.net)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:04:11 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: N2NFG
Operator(s): N2NFG
Station: N2NFG

Class: SO
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:     0       0
   80:   139      39
   40:    222     49
   20:     99     33
   15:     82     24
   10:      1      1
----------------------
Total:    543    146  =  79,278

Club/Team: PVRC

Comments:

First try at NAQP. Thought it was going to be a laid back, slow paced affair.
My goal was to make a few QSOs to keep the CW from getting too rusty, get more
confortable with writelog, and kill a Saturday afternoon and maybe evening.
Boy, was I wrong! This is a serious contest! And I was woefully under prepared.
1. No antenna for 160, I take up the radials and remove the matching newtwork
for the summer.
2. No second radio, it's in the shop.
3. Did not try 10M for some easy mults,(few as they may have been) only worked
VP5Y on 10 when he asked me to QSY.

Rig, ICOM 751A
Logging, WRITELOG
Antennas, 130ft ladder line fed dipole @50ft. (n/s)
          40/20 fan dipole @55ft. for 40/20/15 (e/w)
          full wave 20M loop @45ft. (e/w)
          tri-band QUAD and 25G in pieces on the ground. (anyone in PVRC NC
          have a gin pole I can borrow?)