[3830] ARRL SS CW K4WCF SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW K4WCF SO LP
From: wd4ahz@gte.net (wd4ahz@gte.net)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:10:06 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: K4WCF
Operator(s): WD4AHZ
Station: WD4AHZ

Class: SO LP
Section: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:     40
   40:    129
   20:    237
   15:    309
   10:    126
-------------------------------
Total:    841 x     80  =  134,560

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I've finally entered the 1990's, and tried computer control for
the first time with NA and my trusty TS-930 with PIEXX board!
Really slick!

Had planned to take a break at 1800Z Sunday, but something kept
telling me to wait until 1830Z instead.  While tuning 10 Meters,
ran across VY1JA calling CQ at 1820Z!!  Only 2 mults to go.

Got back on at 2100Z.  Worked VE4YU  (#79) at 2109Z, and NE
(SWEEP - tnx KØIL!) 6 minutes later!

The rest of Sunday was spent trying to get some runs going,
but that proved very difficult.

Finally, thanks to Dave, AE4MR, WCF Section Manager, for
allowing me to borrow the K4WCF callsign for WCF's entry
into contesting!  It'll be on for SSB as well.