[3830] ARRL SS CW N9CO SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW N9CO SO LP
From: charlieo@tellabs.com (charlieo@tellabs.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:04:17 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: N9CO
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: N9CO

Class: SO LP
Section: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:      0
   80:     67
   40:    461
   20:    275
   15:     92
   10:     22
-------------------------------
Total:    917 x     80  =  146,560

Club: SMC

Comments:

First sweep ever as SOLP.  Still needed VE6 and VE1/VE9 late Sunday afternoon.
Resorted to calling CQ SS VE6/VE9!!  Some kind soul sent "UP 2" as a response
to my desperate plea on 10m.  Found a VE6 running, got him next call.  A big
TNX to the mystery station who helped me out!!  Gave up on finding MAR, so
decided to try to finish strong on 40.  Was running way low in the band (7.008)
with about 40 minutes to go.  My 4 year old daughter spent the last 1.5 hours
of SS on my lap, drawing pictures and eating M&M's.  When VE1GN called me, I
about
jumped out of my chair!  I had to explain to my daughter the significance of
the
event.  Not sure that she understood!  Maybe someday she will.....