[3830] ARRL SS SSB NW0L SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB NW0L SO LP
From: martyt@pobox.com (martyt@pobox.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:09:31 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: NW0L
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO LP
Section: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:    113
   40:    105
   20:    479
   15:    218
   10:    113
-------------------------------
Total:   1028 x     80  =  164,480

Club: KC DX Club

Comments:

My best effort ever in the Sweepstakes (or any other contest for that matter!)
Was sick (sore throat) going into the contest and it eventually got the best of
me - had to quit about an hour early. Now if I can just remember to send in my
log to ARRL I'll be in good shape (I forgot it last year...)!

20m was my bread and butter - long skip, short skip, all at the same time. What
more could you ask for? Couldn't get any good runs going on 10 meters - all I
heard was the California Kilowatts. Best rate was 109 during the third hour of
the contest; average rate was around 50 or so, which is still better than I've
ever done.

My thanks to all the "casual" contesters who called me - it's obvious this
wouldn't be much of a contest without the guys who jump in for a few hours just
to hand out some QSOs!

See you all in the ARRL 10m Contest!

-Marty NW0L
 martyt@pobox.com