[3830] ARRL SS SSB AK6R SO Unlimited

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB AK6R SO Unlimited
From: bob@bugsatwork.com (bob@bugsatwork.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:20:10 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: AK6R
Operator(s): AK6R
Station: AK6R

Class: SO Unlimited
Section: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:     53
   40:    314
   20:    104
   15:    392
   10:    371
-------------------------------
Total:   1234 x     79  =  194,972

Club:

Comments:

I played hide and seek with VO1HE all during the contest and he won!  Could not
find NL after searching for two hours off and on!  Next hardest section was ORG
only 30 miles away ? didn?t get until last part of contest ? strange
conditions.  My 40 meter F12 beam played very well, but couldn?t get a good run
started on 20.  10 and 15 died here about 4 pm on Saturday and 20 was wall to
wall signals ? so went to 40 and did ok, 80M open to all parts of country late
Saturday.  Thanks to all QRP stations who repeated their call and to all others
who worked me.  See you all in the 10 meter contest!  Pictures of my station
and antennas will be on my website after thanksgiving weekend.
(www.qsl.net/ak6r)

SO2R Setup: Icom 775 (2), Alpha 86, Alpha 91B, F12 C31XR, C4SXL, KLM 610, G5RV
on 80M @ 60? (east/west).  Writelog worked excellent as usual for SO2R ? don?t
know why people stick with DOS based programs when this one is so easy to use
and network. ? heard a lot of complaints during contest.