[3830] ARRL SS SSB K8GT SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB K8GT SO LP
From: k8gt@arrl.net (k8gt@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:25:45 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: K8GT
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO LP
Section: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 22:00

  160:      0
   80:     73
   40:     79
   20:    122
   15:     88
   10:     78
-------------------------------
Total:    440 x     80  =  70,400

Club: MRRC

Comments:

This year, it seems that the usually rare sections were no problem, but some of
the common ones were the last for me.  MS, GA, ME and finally IA, with less
than 5 hours to go, I even missed the sweep on CW without MAR and SC which have
never been a problem before. Wow, my head hurts from banging it on that big QRM
wall.  Got some really nice signal reports when things thinned out on Sunday.
I'm only running 100 Watts to a Butternut HF9V.  Oh, yeah, the vertical is
mounted on a 100 X 125 foot steel roof about 25 feet in the air, and nothing in
the way for at least 100 yards all around, except for a 1051' TV tower 150 feet
directly South.  Many TNX to all for the QSO's and nice to talk to old friends
again.

73, Gerry