[3830] ARRL10 W8CAR SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 W8CAR SO CW HP
From: w8car@lrbcg.com (w8car@lrbcg.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:28:37 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W8CAR
Operator(s): W8CAR
Station:

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   CW:   1265    132
  SSB:
----------------------
Total:   1265    132  =  668,448

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Had better Friday night than last year but when the band closed-it closed to
any manner of propagation. Worked hard on mults but only had 7 more than last
year. Best three hours ever with Sat morn 104 100 and 90 in a row. Missed a
sweep of US -heard W0SD on Sat evening but he was doing the JA thing and didn't
hear me - never heard SD after that. Condx to Eu seemed better last year but
it's tough to judge. Lots of fun and the wife kept me fed. Missed sat night due
to party and the band was cratered when I arrived home. I also watched a very
interesting first half of the Brown' game on Sunday. Lots of nice mults call
you in this one and I was amazed how some 7 could be 100db over and the next 7
was -S1 . Go figure ! Wait till next year!

Stuff: FT1000mp, Alpha 76PA, A3S @ 40 ft, center fed wire @ 60 FT, NA1050